28 January 2010

See and hear...

Last weekend - with the help of Ernic - I've recorded a soundsample of the Linarol viol.
Sound quality will of course greatly depening on the quality of the computer's speakers.
Sound only is available as ortiz.mp3 (3 Mb, 192kbps/48 khz)


I think this piece - Recercada tercera from Diego Ortiz' Tratado de glosas sobre clausulas y otros generos de puntos en la musica de violones (Roma, 1553) nicely fits in time and character with this instrument.
Passages on the lowest to highest strings provide samples of the full range of the instrument.

3 comments:

Viol Player said...

Hello

Do you know where I can get the sheet music to the Diego Ortiz you play? I have been searching everywhere and I can't find it.. thanks

Waling said...

There are quite a few paper editions available.
I have modern transcription of the 'Tratado de Glosas' published by Bärenreiter. (Bärenreiter ausgabe 684)

hein said...

well great to hear some results!!