08 July 2012

25 pipes (almost) ready to use!

How lucky can one get....?

A friend of mine supplied a set of 25 lead/tin pipes ranging from C4 to C6 (closed)

that gives me a headstart.

I would preferably have used open pipes (prestant) but as these are available I take the easy way.
(If the whole project will be succesful what wil keep me from building another one with homebuilt prestant....?)

Next I've been collecting the other materials
The major wooden parts will be maple (sufficiently available in my storage). For the windchest and bellows I will also use plywood (Not visible from the outside....) and some metal parts (2.5 mm brass pins and 1 mm steel for the valve-springs)

For the keys I think I'll use maple as well, for the half-tones I can use dark pieces of nut (also sufficiently available in storage)

No comments: