15 October 2013

Long time no see...

It's a long time ago that I wrote on this blog.

Nothing happened? ... As if!

In the beginning of September just after the Festival Oude Muziek Utrecht I've attended the Medieval Keyboard Meeting and took part in the workshop using my organetto.

Very inspiring days with true experts on late medieval music and instruments. Also a lot of fun with absolutely wonderful people.


Of course the organetti of Stefan Keppler / Wolkenstayn were far superior.
I've got some useful hints for improving mine.

During the summer I was informed that my name reached the top of the waiting list of the viol-building course of CMB in Puurs. Starting for me at the 8th of september.

My first project was a 'Hommel' (don't know an English name for it). A wire-strung plucked instrument mainly used in folk music with its origin before 1600 (mentioned by Praetorius in his Syntagma Musicum)
Three unisono melody strings and 3 drone's (Dgd).
Finished last saturday.

Next project will be a discant after Pieter Rombouts (1708)


No comments: